JigTalk App Limited (“JigTalk”, “us” or “we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By downloading and using the App you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is JigTalk.
Information We May Collect From You
1 We may collect and process the following data about you:
“Information you give us (Submitted information)”: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the App or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). This includes information you provide when you download or register to use the App, subscribe to any of our Services, share data via the App’s social media functions, or when you report a problem with the App or our Services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device’s phone number, age, date of birth, identification code, password and other registration information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you use our App we may automatically collect the following information:
– Technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use and your time zone setting (Device Information);
– Information stored on your Device; or
– Details of your use of the App (Log Information).
– Location information. We will use GPS technology to determine your current location. All of our Services require your personal data to work. You will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by selecting the settings button from the App’s main menu and turning off visibility, however doing so will mean you will be unable to use the App or the Services.
– Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Submitted Information: Conduct research and analysis of the Service to ensure the highest standards of services and identify areas for improvement and to provide customer support and management of your account.
Content Information: Conduct research and analysis of the Service to ensure the highest standards of services and identify areas for improvement and to provide customer support and management of your account.
Log information: Conduct research and analysis of the Service to ensure the highest standards of services and identify areas for improvement and to provide customer support and management of your account.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
If JigTalk or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets;
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; or
In order to:
– enforce or apply the EULA and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
– protect the rights, property or safety of JigTalk, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Certain Services include social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features or communicating with any other user that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you wish to correct, update or delete any of the personal data which is held about you then you may be do so by selecting settings from the App’s main menu and making any necessary amendments.